Sunday, August 3, 2014

Recipe - Zucchini Oatmeal Bread

With six Zucchini sitting on the counter I knew I needed to do something to use them up so I decided on Zucchini bread.  It is a quick and tasty way to use zucchini and its easy too.  I have collected many recipes and tried out three, the best we made more of.  This recipes caught my eye because of the oats which would give it more substance and make it a good bread to freeze.


I made six loaves of this recipe along with two loaves each of two other recipes.  All were tasty and perfect with a bit of butter and glass of lemonade.  This version was our favorite however, so I decided to share it with you.  I have several other recipes for zucchini bread yet to try and since I made 10 loaves and only used 4 zucchini we still have plenty left to experiment with.

Zucchini Oatmeal Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 Tbls.Vanilla extract
1 cup quick Rolled Oats
2 cups flour
¼ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Beat eggs and sugar. Add oil and vanilla. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add zucchini and nuts. Mix well. Pour into two greased and floured 8 x 4 loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Two quick full-sized loaves

No comments:

Post a Comment